Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management by performing the following main duties:
- Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management, including customer relations, inventory control, procedural tasks and paperwork, as well as visual merchandising.
- Maintains both individual and shift sales.
- Provides daily shift floor coverage.
- Trains Sales Associates.
- Supervises POS.
- Provides security & loss prevention in store.
- Oversees contest management (Tracking Results & Coaching Performance).
- Organizes shipments, transfers & merchandise.
- Performs maintenance of store.
- Opens and closes store.
- Holds accountability for store sales and metrics.
- Holds accountability for stock and merchandise flow.
- Maintains company standards regarding personal and store sales/performance metrics.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Areas of Responsibility
High school diploma or GED equivalent; 0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
Education / Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Must be at least 18 years or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following states/territories: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 12 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week, including nights and weekends.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.
How to Apply
Stop by the store for more details or call 210.651.7466